About hosting Institution :
Nuffic (The Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education)offers fellowships for training courses in The Netherlands. These fellowships seek to develop and strengthen the skills, instincts, and abilities of professionals to enable their organizations and communities to succeed in an ever-changing world.
The Nuffic programme is initiated and (almost) fully funded by the budget for development cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Scholarship value/Benefits :
The Nuffic Fellowships (OKP, MSP, and StuNed) will cover the tuition fee, return flights from an international airport to Amsterdam, insurance, accommodation and a small Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA).
Nuffic Scholarship Eligibility:
- The candidate must have a current Employer Statement according to the prescribed Nuffic Format
(see step 3). All information must be provided and all commitments, which are included in the
format must be endorsed in the statement. The Employer Statement MUST be signed AND stamped
and preferably on the official letterhead of the organization.
- If applicable, the candidate must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the
a country in which the employer is established.
- The candidate must have an official passport valid at least three months after 1st November 2018.
- The candidate must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time
- The short courses are taught in English. Therefore, it is important that your English language skills
(writing and speaking) are good.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience is required, working with or for local or regional authorities. It
is to your advantage if the work/experience is related to the content of the training.
eligible countries :
|Djibouti||Somalia||DR Congo||Sri Lanka|
|Ghana||South Sudan *||Eritrea||Surinam|
For OKP Scholarships:
- You can only apply for 1 training per application deadline.
- There is no age limit.
- The candidate must be a national of, and working and living in, one of the following countries on OKP country list.
- The candidate must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff
development, for example:
o multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
o large national and/or large commercial organizations,
o bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
o multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian
Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
o international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
For MSP Scholarships:
- You must meet the same employer, language and work experience criteria mentioned above for
- You must not be over 45 years of age on 1st November 2018. (this only applies for MSP Scholarships
- You must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the following
MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- You must have an official passport that will still be valid at least three months valid at least three
months after 1st November 2018.
MSP country List:
Application Instruction :
Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully to apply: click here to apply