Kuwait’s Al-Sumait Prizes are a set of annual awards designed to honor significant advances in the fields of food security, health and education in Africa. Administered by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) and a Board of Trustees, the awards celebrate the work and accomplishments of Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Sumait, a Kuwaiti physician who spent his lifetime helping the poor in Africa in the field of health and education
To be eligible you should be :
- Developing new varieties of seeds,crops or livestock which can improve the food security of the poor population in Africa by increasing the caloriﬁc and nutritional value of food produced and consumed domestically.
- Improving farmers’ access to agricultural inputs, techniques, technologies and markets so as to increase the availability of staple products which form a core part of the diet of the poorest people in Africa.
- Improving farmers’ resilience to climate change and extreme weatherconditions.
- Improving marketing and adopting modern business strategies.
- Addressing issues relevant to gender equity in the field of the Prize.
Awards and Benefits
Win a grant of $ 1 million AI – Sumait Prize for food security in Africa.