MBTN Africa accelerator is an acceleration program that identifies and supports technology startups solving problems in Africa for the next generation. MBTN accelerator helps nextgen African startups gain access to the African ecosystem of specialists ,mentors , talents , coaches and even access to funding . This accelerator program was opened on 1st January 2019 and interviews for selections will be held on 18th February 2019 and on 25th February 2019 the top 10 finalists will be selected to start acceleration on 1st march 2019 which will culminate in a demo day pitch in front of investors in London on 28th march 2019.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Startups should be creating the future of Africa’s development story and solving Africa’s nextgen problems
- The founders should posses specific niche domain expertise in their startup.
- The founders should have a profile and experience to deeply understand the problems they are solving.
- The startups should have pilot customers and demonstrate some traction.
- The startups should have at least 2 founders or a team if more than 2.
- Startups should be African based or global with a market existing in Africa.
Awards and Benefits.
- Training and coaching in areas of operational skills , how to pitch , business development , hiring tactics and KPIs will be provided.
- Mentorship from both local and external mentors , strategists and entrepreneurs.
- Access to an investor network of 200+ local and international investors.
- Access to networking opportunities with over 100 local international events in cities across the world and to angel investors interested in startups in Africa.
- Access to MBTN Alumni program where you will access advice of fundraising , PR , marketing support , legal and advisory council.
- Access to funding due to pitching in front of venture capitalists and Angel investors with funding .
- Apart from the four weeks acceleration, you will be able to attend the MBTN accelerator Ideas conference in London UK in march 25th 2019.
How to Apply
To apply click here