The baobab network accelerator was launched in 2016 and has footprints in 8 African countries and has already accelerated 27 startups from Kenya , Uganda , Rwanda ,Zambia , DRC and South Africa. Its an acceleration program for hat is diverse and has over 68 world class consultants supporting entrepreneurs through its network.
The main focus is to support startups and invest in African startups with social impact with scalable business models.
Every year baobabs network accelerator selects 25 startups to work with in five high impact areas that include : access to health care , financial inclusion , access to education , food security and environmental sustainability.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- You should have a strong team of exceptional founders who deeply understand the local market and are highly ambitious as well.
- You should be solving a big and gnarly problem with a high impact in solving social problems.
- You should be at the seed stage and posses a prototype or a working MVP.
- Your technology should be scalable at a global scale.
- You must be able to prove your business model will improve lives and create sustainable growth.
Awards and Benefits.
- Access to a tailored program of acceleration .
- Consultation for a week from global and business experts. Each startup will have a specific baobab network for consultation for a period of 24 months.
- Successful applicants will receive funding of $ 25,000 to help scale their businesses.
- Access to more than 100 venture capital firms and impact funds through the baobab network.
- Access to a follow on funding within 18 months of participants .
How to Apply
To apply please click here