MEST Africa has announced its 2nd annual challenge for African startups from four African countries : Kenya , South Africa , Ghana and Ivory coast which are willing and ready to expand into new markets.
Each country will have have its own regional competitions and the finalists will attend the global final (Pan African summit ) in June 10th to June 12th 2019 to compete for $ 50,000 in equity free funding. The first African MEST summit was held in 2018 where 700 applicants applied and 40 startups got to participate in the regional competitions in MEST regional offices in Accra , Johannesburg and Nairobi. The finals were held in Nairobi with startups presenting in front of a jury from MTN , Meltwater and Facebook with an audience consisting of Investors , entrepreneurs and cooperates.
2019 Regional competitions will be held during the following dates :
Accra : Wednesday 27th February.
Capetown : Thursday 28th February.
Lagos : Thursday 28th February.
Abidjan : Thursday 28th February.
Nairobi : Wednesday 27th February.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Your company must be at the revenue stage .
- Your company must be a scale up and be ready to expand into new markets.
- You should be seeking funding .
- You should have a strong and complimentary team with at least 10 people.
- Your company must be operational in Africa.
Awards & Benefits.
- Win funding of $ 50,000 as equity free funding.
- Receive feedback from an experienced jury from Meltwater and other partner organizations.
- Gain access to a pan African market , Investors and cooperate partners as well as global entrepreneurs.
- Gain access to a new market and a wider audience at the final MEST summit.
- Join the Pan African MEST incubation community.
How to Apply
To Apply please click here