The African Young Entrepreneurs (YES) Program is an intensive 4 month program for Young Social Entrepreneurs that’s fully sponsored to offer training, mentor-ship and access to funding in terms of entrepreneurial training, business training and leadership techniques to young people operating social ventures with a positive impact in their local communities. This is an intensive program that will see 20 social entrepreneurs gain insights and unbeatable access to opportunities, knowledge on how to build successful startups, manage risks and mobile resources.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The YES program is an agile project that’s meant for self-believers and self-made young social entrepreneurs creating social impact in their local communities.
- The solution should be logical and already working.
- The venture should have a well thought out problem they are solving in their local communities.
- You must have at least 5 paying customers and revenue in the regions of $ 200 and above.
- You must demonstrate a well thought out and clear business model.
- The venture should have social impact Agenda at the center of its innovation.
- The founders /Co-founders should be fully working or are working for more than 30 hours in a week.
- The Founders/Co-founders must be between 18 – 29 years old at the time of Application.
Awards and Benefits.
- Receive Coaching in vital areas such as the founder’s mindset, leading with people, Design thinking, and Social entrepreneurship as well Innovation through business models.
- Gain unique access to mentors, immense opportunities and diverse networks during and after the program.
- Gain Agile training on what it takes to be a successful business venture with social impact in the 21st century.
- Gain Access to funding of up to $ 15,000 USD for the top 3 candidates in equity free funding plus immense post program support.
- Up to 5 fellows will receive a three month co – working space in Nairobi.
- Gain access to potential exchange program to work and be an intern in South Korean companies and Organizations.
How To Apply.
To Apply please click here