The Zayed sustainability energy prize of the United Arab Emirates was established in 2008 at the World Future Energy Summit by Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan the Dubai Crown Prince in honor of his late father Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan who passed away on 2nd November 2004.
The Late Sheikh had a vision to create a sustainable world for all hence the establishment of this initiative.
Up to today the Zayed sustainability Energy prize has changed the lives of 318 million people and more worldwide.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Your innovation must be focused in one of the following areas: Energy, food, health , water and global high schools.
- Your Innovation must showcase real inventiveness that can be scaled up easily to benefit people.
- Your innovation must have a social impact Agenda.
- Your Innovation must be using technology that’s affordable and accessible to everyone.
Awards & Criteria.
There will a total of $ 3 million USD and participating ventures will be in the areas of Energy, health, food and water with each winner in every category walking away with $ 600,000
Global high school Awards will be divide into several categories with each category winning $ 100,000 each. The high school categories will be divided into the following categories.
- Subsaharan Africa category.
- Middle East and North Africa Category.
- European Category
- Central America category.
- The Central Asia and Pacific’s Category
How To Apply.
To Apply please click here