The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is a program to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa by offering scholarships to students from across all African countries through its 4 principles that include Education, entrepreneurship, peacebuilding and leadership in order to create a better life for the people of Africa.
This program was founded by former South African president the late Nelson Mandela and is in the form of 2 dimensions which are through leadership and financial support.
The financial support is all inclusive during the study programme and the leadership, development part seeks to engage participants with the Alumni network in order to build leadership as well as networking capacity.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- You must be a citizen in one of the four African countries.
- You must be between the ages of 19 – 28 years old at the time of the application.
- You must be having a history that showcases great academic achievements and results.
- You must be a strong leader who shows strong character in the 4 chosen principles of Education, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Peacebuilding.
- You must be willing to study at a South African tertiary institution.
- You must accept the fully funded program is exclusive for one year(honors) and 2 years for a Masters degree.
Awards & Benefits.
- Receive a fully funded scholarship inclusive of tuition, stipend and other support.
- Access to study materials and your living expenses will be catered for as well.
- Medical Aid will be covered as per the MRF.
- Travel assistance in economy air tickets will be provided from your hometown to South Afric and vice versa.
- Access to Regional workshops for lessons in leadership, entrepreneurship, peacebuilding, and leadership.
- Network with high profile leaders and accomplished people in building peace initiatives.
- Receive mentorship from the Alumni network.
How to Apply.
To Apply Please click here