The united states institute of peace in collaboration with his holiness Dalai Lama instituted this program to support young leaders in creating peace initiatives across the world. The Dalai Lama program held its 3rd annual program dialogue with youth peace builders across 5 countries across the globe creating effective peace initiatives among the youth. Young people have seen the highest number of casualties of violent extremists with 80% of the affected being due to violent extremist activities in Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, and Nigeria and half of the casualties are young people below the age of 22 years old.
This is a program to support Youth Leaders in creating youth initiatives to reduce violent Extremisms.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Participants must be between 18 – 28 years old and working in peacebuilding initiatives.
- Participants must have faced different issues ranging from being a refugee, having lived in exile and other problems associated with violent extremism.
- Participants must have a leadership role in their organizations and must have founded peace-building initiatives across social divides such as tribe, religious divides and gender gaps.
- Participants must be working in conflict associated areas such as Sudan, South Sudan, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon Libya, and other conflict countries.
- You must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- You must have a valid passport as per April 2020.
Awards & Benefits.
- Participants will have a chance to participate in an intergenerational conversation at the conference.
- Participants will receive lessons and support for their peaceful endeavors and have the chance to network with other youth building activities.
- The participants will be engaged in a 2-day conference in Dharamsala to network with Dalai Lama on peacebuilding initiatives.
- The participants will receive a platform for greater involvement in activities for advocacy of the youth and involvement in peace and security across the world.
How to Apply
To Apply Please click here