The African netpreneur initiative is Chinese billionaire Jack MA’s initiative and flagship project to find and support African entrepreneurs with a grant of $ 10 million over a period of 10 of 10 years. The JackMa foundation (JMF) identifies and selects top 10 African startups each year to share a total of $ 1 million as top 10 finalists to be chisen. The JacMa foundation was founded in 2014 by Jack Ma the former C.E.O of Alibaba and he aims to support African startups across the 54 African countries.
March 27th 2019 – Application opens.
June 30th 2019 – closing of applications.
August 30th 2019 – The top 50 startups are selected as regional finalists.
October 2019 – The top 10 finalists are selected and gain a chance to pitch at the grand finale.
November 2019 – the grand finale.
The Jack Ma Foundation initiative works in collaboration with Nailab (East African accelerator), NINE ( A west African partner) , RISEUP (a north African partner ) and ’22 on Sloane’ a southern African partner to ensure that all startups across all the 54 African countrieshace a chance at the prize.
Eligibility and criteria.
- You must be a citizen in any of the 54 African countries.
- You can be of any gender , age and from all walks of life , there will be equality.
- Young people and male led startups are encouraged to apply.
- The prize is open to all sectors of the economy and innovation space.
Awards and benefits.
- Win a grant of $ 1,000,000 to be shared among the top 10 finalists during the grand finale.
- Have a chance to pitch your story and startup to Jack Ma and other great jury members.
- Gain increased media attention and PR .
- Gain access to investors , partners , foundations as well as get connected across 54 African countries with potential partners and customers.
How To Apply.
To apply please click here