The 5th Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW) is open for startups and companies both at launch and growth stage . Organised by Nairobi university ,the Nairobi innovation week was started as an initiative to support and help accelerate startups that are entrepreneurial and innovative.The Innovation week will be held between June 10th and June 14th 2019 in Nairobi where 30 most promising startups will be selected to pitch in front of a jury.Out of the 30, 6 will be feted as the face of the Nairobi innovation week 2019 as winners. This years focus will be on a number of sectors but most importantly on the Kenyans government’s Big 4 agenda that include : Manufacturing , food security ,, universal healthcare as well as affordable housing. Other areas of focus will be on agriculture,industrialization , entertainment , cleaning , education and employ-ability , renewable energy as well as ICT.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Atleast one of the founders must be a citizen of Kenya , Uganda , Tanzania , Rwanda , Ethiopia , South Sudan or Burundi.
- The primary customer segment of the startups must be in Kenya , Uganda , Tanzania Ethiopia , Burundi , south Sudan or Rwanda.
- The team should be either at launch stage or growth stage of their business from which the Top 6 winners will be selected.
- At least 2 team members should have a profile on the Nairobi innovation week portal.
Awards and benefits.
- Gain an opportunity to secure funding for your startup.
- Gain access to world class mentors.
- An opportunity to access potential partners.
- Gain customers for your products and servics throughout the innovation week.
- Media and PR attention.
- Gain unique access to angel investors , foundations , VC funds incubators , hubs as well as advisers.
How to apply .
To Apply please click here