The MasterCard foundation has partnered with university of Cape Town (UTC) to create the global Scholars program an initiative to support education in Africa. This initiative was founded to provide scholarships to academically talented but disadvantaged students from financially challenged backgrounds. These scholarships will be fully funded with full board amenities to enable young Africans pursue undergraduate degrees. The scholarships will enable them to receive a premium educational package with an intention to ensure that young Africans gain access to quality education and easily transition into the workforce.
The global scholars program will fund a total of 300 African students with full time scholarships until 2020 and will require Scholarship receivers to commit to return to their home countries after their studies and improve their communities.
Awards & Benefits.
- A premium package and comprehensive financial assistance before and during the scholarship that includes: Visa costs, travel assistance, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Gain access to mentor-ship on academic life from peer mentors.
- Assistance in terms of cultural and transition support and training of leadership qualities during studies.
- Gain access to career guidance and immense support in terms of leadership development from the alumni network as well.
- Gain relevant and recognized education in academic curriculum with international recognition.
- Receive immense support from the Alumni network.
Eligibility & Criteria.
- You should be academically talented and be self-driven with significant valor to complete your education.
- You should be from an economically disadvantaged background and have faced significant financial barriers to pursue your education.
- You should be committed to effectively give back to your community using the skills obtained.
- You should be committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in your home country.
How To Apply.
To Apply please click here