Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is an international body of the United Nations compromised of 194 member states. Founded in 1945 its main goal is to free humanity from hunger and malnutrition by achieving food security. The focus of FAO is mainly in three areas that include: Eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition. FAO intends to utilize its resources and energies to achieve the following objectives.
- Help eliminate hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition.
- Reduce poverty in rural areas.
- Create inclusive and effective food systems.
- Increase of resilience of livelihoods to threats and crises.
- Ensure that Agriculture, forestry and fishery are more productive and sustainable.
The FAO call for internship applications is a great learning opportunity for talented young women and men who will be motivated to share experiences, new perspectives and the latest innovative ideas in FAO domains. The internship program is a great avenue for undergraduate students, postgraduate and recent graduates to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work experience as well.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- The Candidates should be natural citizens of FAO member states.
- You should be between the Ages of 21 to 30 years old.
- You should be either a student undertaking an undergraduate degree, a postgraduate degree or be a recent graduate. For undergraduate students you must have completed atleast 3 years of studies.
- You must be fluent atleast in one of the UN working languages (English, French, Russia, Chinese, Spanish and Arabic). Working Knowledge in a second language is an added advantage.
- You must possess the necessary skills to adopt to an international environment, different cultural environment as well as in a different country.
- You should be eligible to obtain a working VISA to Italy or any other countries according FAO member states.
- You should not have any of your immediate family members as employee of FAO.
Awards and Benefits.
- Receive a fully paid travelling package inclusive of flights and accommodation.
- This is a paid internship of $700 stipend monthly as per the discretion of FAO.
- Receive Knowledge and practical training during the Internship.
- Through this internship program, have an opportunity to work towards UN SDGs by eliminating hunger and creating a sustainable world.
How To Apply.
To apply please click here