The Sauce-code Hackathon is a remote hackathon programmed to last for 3 months ending with a grand finale. Sauce-code 2019 is the season 2 of our annual hackathon. The first edition saw over 400 developers, designers and project managers from different part of the country. Over a hundred teams were formed to solve serious problems in three different categories – education, election and corruption using the power of technology. Last year, hundreds of Nigeria’s finest technical talents competed to be crowned as our technical champion and after different rounds of elimination, we crowned Team WeVote as our champion. This year, we are taking things a notch higher. The
emphasis will be on design and diversity.The pre-finale event will feature different rounds of elimination that our global audience can view from anywhere in the world via the leader-board on the website.
The star-studded jury includes:
- Odunayo Eweniyi, Co-founder/COO, Piggybank
- Ashley Lewis, Investment officer, Accion venture
- LabSegun “Segalink” Awosanya, Institutional reform advocate
- Damilola Teidi, Direction of incubation, CcHub
- Emeka Azuka Okoye, CEO, Cymantiks
Eligibility and Criteria.
- Uniqueness/approach to solution.
- Design/User experience.
- Scalability and impact of solution.
- Use of technology.
- Programming best practice.
Awards and Benefits.
- $5,000 AWS credits, $5,000 AWS business support and $80 credits for
self-paced labs and a discounted pricing of 1.3% for Rave collections and as
low as N40 for disbursements from Flutterwave.
- Fast-tracked application into the Mest incubation programme, CcHub’s
pre-incubation programme or the next cohort of the Accion’s fintech company
builder program depending on the focus of the team’s solution.
- Cash prize of 1,000 USD from Findworka.
- Software career opportunities with Findworka’s recruiting partners.
How To Apply.
Competing in the Saucecode hackathon is easy – you register, form a team, pick a
problem statement and build an amazing solution in response. We are really big on
collaboration, so, no one-person teams are allowed. All teams must have at least
two members and a maximum of four. You also score additional points if both
genders are represented in your team
To apply please click here