The Facebook sponsored FbStart accelerator program is a 6 month acceleration program that consists of research and mentor-ship to teams that are creating brave solutions using advanced technologies.This acceleration program provides this teams with with the necessary support to create this solutions as well as optimize them through design thinking and value driven techniques plus match them with resources and mentors from Facebook.
This program is designed to support teams in both onsite acceleration for startups teams with market ready solutions and virtual acceleration for student teams in Ghana and Nigeria undetaking BSc, MSc or Phd programs who have existing prototypes and the technical expertise required to build the intended solutions.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Your team should be working on a solution that leverages Artificial Intelligence(AI) , data science, Internet of Things (IOT), Augmented reality (AR) as well as virtual reality.
Awards and Benefits.
- Access sessions on deep learning in form of workshops customized to your solutions needs.
- Gain access to cooperate partners and get to exhibit your solution during the FbStart annual innovation showcase.
- Receive mentor ship and guidance from Facebook mentors who are some of the worlds best engineers and experts.
- Gain rich insights from industry experts who will save your team years of research plus get connected to experts in the industries.
- Teams that will be accepted into this program will receive equity free funding of $ 20,000 for startups and $ 10,000 for student teams.
- Receive in-house expert sessions on strategy and support from house finance , legal and Human resource experts.
- Gain access to free office space at NG_HUB and CcHUB partner credits plus $ 16,000 worth of free Facebook credits.
- There’s also some fun in the process for instance TGIFF , the Founders hangout , Mic Nights and so much more.
How To Apply.
To apply please click here