The professional entrepreneurs program fellowship is an intensive program meant to advance women agribusinesses and innovations hosted at Michigan State University.This is a revolutionary fellowship that seeks to train and support agribusiness professionals and entrepreneurs from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania and connects them with their counterparts in Michigan for bench-marking and exchange of information. This program will be based on agripreneurship[ and agrifood systems that help address women’s economic empowerment.
This program will be a four week program in the US and will begin with a pre-departure orientation in the local US embassies in the local East African countries.The program will involve internships in Michigan institutions , seminars and meetings with US leaders in economic development.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- This program is open to women entrepreneurs , social innovators , SMEs and young people working in the agricultural sectors to encourage women economic empowerment.
- It is open to Civil societies and NGOs that work in support of women in agriculture in the East African countries.
- Academic staff (of any gender) working on projects to support women in agriculture and food sectors.
- Its open to policy makers and people working in the public areas in agriculture and food sectors to support women’s economic empowerment.
- You must be between the ages of 25 to 40 years old.
- You should be a citizen of either Kenya , Uganda or Tanzania.
- You should be able to speak and write English fluently.
- You must be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities and collaborative skills and be commited to support your community.
- You should have employer’s support for participating in the program for those employed.
- You must be interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country.
Awards and Benefits.
- Gain a place to undertake an internship at Michigan Institutions .
- Gain an opportunity to attend seminars on agripreneurship and meet with US leaders to discuss development in agriculture and food systems.
- Gain an opportunity to learn design of special projects and participate in presentations during the internship in Michigan.
- Participate in a three day professional fellows congress in Washington D.C to discuss about the role of agriculture in women’s empowerment.
How To Apply.
To apply please click here.