Moi University is a Public University located in Eldoret, Kenya. The University offers world class training both at undergraduate
and postgraduate levels. As a result of successful application for World Bank funding during the Africa Center of Excellence II
bidding by Eastern and Southern African States, the University is hosting the African Center of Excellence in Phytochemicals,
Textile and Renewable Energy, ACEII-PTRE. The Center is, therefore, offering limited postgraduate scholarships for Masters
(MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) to highly deserving students on a competitive basis. The Center’s scholarships will be offered to both
national and regional students in the following fields: Analytical Chemistry (MSc and Ph.D), Materials & Textile Engineering
(Ph.D), Industrial Engineering (MSc), Textile Engineering (MSc), and Renewable Energy (Msc and Ph.D). Doctorate (Ph.D)
Awards and Benefits.
- scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months).
- Masters (MSc) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of two years (24 months).
Eligibility and Criteria
Only shortlisted candidates as per the following criteria will be considered
- A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalent in a Bachelor’s degree related to the field one is
interested in. In case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
- The candidate must meet minimum requirement for admission into Masters and PhD programmes as stipulated by Moi
- All interested candidates must have a research concept paper in the intended area of study.
- Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate programme will be a requirement.
Proof of admission into the above stated programmes will be an added advantage.
- The following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship: female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalized
groups and candidates with disabilities.
The programmes are scheduled to start in September 2019. Eligible candidates interested in these programmes are invited to
How to Apply.
- All interested candidates can apply by filling in a scholarship form that can be downloaded from the Moi University
website (using the links below) or can be obtained directly from the Center. The duly filled application form should be emailed
so as to reach the Center not later than 20th May, 2019. All applications should be filled and sent by email to the following
The Center Leader
Africa Center of Excellence II in
Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy (ACEII-PTRE)
P.O. Box 3900-30100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com