The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of the programme will receive a N2 million funding grant from SLA. This year, the programme is a digital accelerator and is open to businesses based anywhere in Nigeria.
She Leads Africa is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success. The organisation has been featured on CNN, CNBC Africa, Black Enterprise and Fox Business and has more than 400,000 community members across Africa and the diaspora. The Accelerator program does not support or provide grants to nonprofits, NGOs or foundations. Businesses with a social mission or CSR programs integrated into their businesses are eligible. This is a virtual accelerator all pieces of training will be conducted online. Details of any in-person meetings will be sent to you if you are accepted into the programme.
Eligibility and Criteria.
- You must be based in Nigeria
- You must have at least one female shareholder or owner that is aged 18-35
- Your startup should have received less than $50,000 in funding
- Your startup must have been in operation for less than three years
- You must have already begun operations and have a live product or service in the market.
Applications will be reviewed against these several critical factors.
- A Clear problem, which the candidate is hoping to solve, a well-defined solution and pathway to monetizing the proposed solution.
- A strong understanding of Competitive Landscape, candidates should be able to describe competitive landscape comprehensive and should be able to identify risks and propose mitigants for risks identified.
- Management Team, assessment of personnel capabilities and strengths of the team align with startup needs.
- Financials. A clear understanding of how this business will make money and the key value drivers, specific investment ask and a plan for how they will utilise the funds and reasonable investment ask for their stage of business.
- Customers.A clear understanding of their customer demands as well as clear identification of their sales pipeline.
Awards and Benefits.
Acceptance into the SLA Accelerator will provide you with access to support from She Leads Africa.
This support includes:
- Media promotions – on local and international media who are looking to interview female entrepreneurs. You’ll always be put forward first.
- Promotion through SLA’s online community.
- Access to SLA’s network of supporters, influencers and advisors.
- The N2,000,000 awarded to the winner will be a grant and will be made in Naira. This is the monetary support the winner will receive from SLA.
- Three months of hands-on support and coaching.
- Direct access to some of Africa’s most brilliant business minds.
How to apply.
To apply please click here