The Africa Students’ and Youth Summit (ASYS) is the flagship annual event of the All-Africa Students Union that brings together students and youth of African descent from within Africa and the diaspora. We will be convening in Rabat, in the Kingdom of Morocco, for the 8th edition of the Summit.
“Africa Students and Youth Summit” (ASYS), AASU brings
together African students and youth, both on the Continent and in the Diaspora to deliberate on crucial issues affecting the state of education and prosperity of our common future as young Africans. The ASYS is the largest student and youth gathering on the Continent. In the previous editions, the summit served as a very important platform for students and young people to deliberate and come up with solutions to the challenges that inhibit their quest for attaining sustainable development for a prosperous Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible to participate in this program you should be working under one of these organisations.
- Government Officials and functionaries.
- Key African Union Officials.
- Student Unions and student-led groups.
- Youth-led Non-Governmental Organizations.
- National (official) Youth Councils.
- Regional Youth Organizations.
- International Youth Organizations.
- Key Personalities, such as youth-oriented heads of government, intellectuals, business and civil society leaders.
- Resource persons and youth role models.
- Traditional and religious leaders, and,
Civil Society Organizations.
Awards and Benefits
- The vision of the ASYS-VIII is to endow African youth with skills and intergenerational synergies, which would enable them, contribute optimally to all the efforts aimed at
achieving the democratic, gender-equal, peaceful and rights-based sustainable development for Africa.
• ASYS-VIII is expected strengthen the capacities of African student and youth organizations to have an immense impact on the processes towards the operationalization of key protocols and agreements by the AU.
• AASU and its partners will collaborate to create awareness of the AU Agenda 2063 and how to rally the masses, especially students and young people to play their various roles towards achieving the aspirations set out in the vision in record time.
• To adopt a clearly laid out strategy (THE MOROCCO DECLARATION,ASYS-VIII2019)
depicting regional and national plans for translating the promises contained in declarations and protocols adopted by the AU into practical action.
• In line with the objectives of the African Youth Charter, Agenda 2063 and the young people will collaborate to form sustainable partnerships to drive entrepreneurship and create jobs, leading to peace, security and prosperity.
How To Apply
To apply please click here