Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD programs, as well as joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.
Eligibility and criteria
- You must provide truthful background information about yourself.
- You must prepare and attach to your application a one page resume.
- You must scan and upload your transcripts.
- You must meet the requirements of standardized English tests.
- You must posses two letters of recommendations from people who know you well.
- You must also posses the following personal qualities :
Independence of Thought
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego
Awards and Benefits
- You will engage in a trans-formative experience comprising multidisciplinary education, leadership development, and achieving a global perspective.
- We are designing the Knight-Hennessy Scholars admission process with the goals of allowing you to know yourself better, enabling us to understand you.
- Up to 90 of you (69 in the second year) will be Knight-Hennessy Scholars.
- Your fellow Scholars will span all seven schools at Stanford. The student and faculty community of your home department will be your primary affiliation, and the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will provide you with access to unique additional opportunities to develop, grow, and learn.
- This is a multifaceted community united by your shared potential for leadership, your belief in positive change, and your humility and kindness.
How To apply
To apply please click here