The 2019 Young ICT leaders’ Forum will take place from September 3-6 in smart city of Busan, Republic of Korea during KICT Innovation Week.
The Young ICT Leaders’ Forum is an annual event organized by ITU and Busan Metropolitan city. It gathers youths worldwide to learn and to share ideas about ICT development and innovations.
This annual event, gathers a global community of young ICT leaders, aged 18 to 35, to promote the participation of the youth in the digital economy, including (1) promoting the engagement of youth in the field of ICTs; (2) decreasing the digital divide; and (3) promoting research on emerging ICTs particularly Internet of Things (IoT), among others.
Eligibility and criteria
Your application will be evaluated by a jury composed of senior ITU officials, host sponsors, and Innovation experts, based on the following criteria:
- Originality: The concept of your proposal must be original to fit your context;
- Creativity: Your idea must to be innovative and unique
- Sustainability: The ways and methods to sustain your key activities must be clearly described;
- Viability: Your proposed solutions must be realistic and logical. Bonus points may be awarded if you can categorize your solutions into short, mid and long terms;
- Impact: Your idea/proposal must be within the context of the challenge. You must consider cross-cutting impacts, problems and relevant solutions;
- Co-creation: a special attention will be given to candidates who are actively helping other participants advance their ideas.
Awards and Benefits
The selected winners will be rewarded with a trip to one of our key flagship events (Young ICT Leaders’ Forum in Busan or Innovation Ecosystem Progamme in Budapest)
- Round-trip air ticket (economy class) between major airport of the applicant’s country and the event City.
- Hotel accommodation during their stay.
- Participate in event program where they will receive mentoring, capacity building, pitching and networking opportunities.
- Participate in a boot camp to expose enhance their idea, with possibility of pitching their projects in front a large global audience.
- Have an opportunity to make strong case for collaboration with other markets.
- Be recognized an Innovation champion in the global stage with an award.
How To Apply
To apply please click here