BridgeBuilder invests in building and repairing unique bridges between people, organizations, issues, and beliefs to promote meaningful engagement and sustainable, community-led change.
Over the past two years, the Challenge has sourced hundreds of radical new approaches to solve pressing global issues at the intersections of peace, prosperity, and planet. BridgeBuilder now seeks ideas that address the urgent and emergent needs of a global population directly impacted by a lack of peace, prosperity, and sound environmental conditions—people on the move.
How might we, as people on the move and neighbors, build bridges to a shared future of stability and promise?
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible your solution must answer the following questions:
- Is the idea action-oriented, rather than research, convening, policy development, or advocacy?
- Does the idea focus on building and repairing unique bridges between people on the move and host communities, to promote meaningful engagement and sustainable, community-led change?
- Does the idea reflect the context, cultures, knowledge, needs, and aspirations of those most impacted by the idea?
- Does the idea go beyond meeting basic needs to help people fulfill their human needs of joy, hope, and dignity?
- Does the idea move the world in a more equitable and just direction?
- Does the idea recognize and incorporate the value of lived experience to solve a real problem for the community?
- Does the idea show evidence of perspective and voice from those with lived experience?
- Did the participant engage on the platform, either by responding to comments or providing feedback to others?
- If shortlisted, did the participant incorporate expert feedback into their final proposal?
Awards and Benefits
Selected Top Ideas will:
- Receive a share of $1 million in seed funding from GHR Foundation.
- Join a BridgeBuilder cohort of innovative organizations working to address urgent needs.
- Take part in a kick-off workshop, during which they will meet other social innovators and further design and build their approaches with tools and expertise from GHR Foundation and OpenIDEO.
- Receive partnership support from GHR Foundation, potential connection to other funder networks, and media exposure.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here