The Swiss – Africa Business Innovation Initiative (SABII) aims to boost the entrepreneurial know-how and exposure of SubSaharan Africa graduate-student entrepreneurs seeking growth opportunities by offering a unique program bringing entrepreneurs to innovation hotspots in Sub-Sahara Africa and Switzerland.
Offered free of charge to ambitious young entrepreneurs, this highly competitive program comprises a 3- days workshop for advanced innovation entrepreneurs, and for the top eight candidates, a 4 days intense business development Venture Leaders program in the Swiss startup and business ecosystem. The participants will also be qualified for the AfriLabs Annual Gathering starting October 28.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to graduate-student-entrepreneurs and startups from Sub-Saharan African innovation hubs, with a strong link to academia, developing products or services in the fields of mobile health, pharmacometrics, innovative financing and digital humanities/knowledge transfer.
- Project or company must be based on research or technology developed at a local university/research institute.
Awards and Benefits
Being selected for this program offers young entrepreneurs a
unique opportunity for exposure to top Swiss entrepreneurial
expertise and markets.
Successful applicants will :
- Develop a better understanding of the market and how to deliver a concrete offer to customers.
• Access a wide network of peers, mentors and industry experts.
• Acquire tools and skills to analyse the application of the university based technology.
• Boost the recognition of their innovation and your market
• Connect to high-level entrepreneurs from Sub-Saharan
countries and share experiences.
• Engage with entrepreneurs with a similar background to learn about successful business practices.
• Improve market application by validating their ideas with peers, experts and potential customers.
• Become pioneers of the SubSaharan – Swiss entrepreneurs’
How To Apply
To apply please click here