Do you know somebody who is :A change-maker working on the cutting edge of social innovation? A leader collaborating and co-creating solutions to pressing social justice issues? A visionary tackling immediate challenges while also addressing related systemic issues? A mentor inspiring the next generation of social innovators?
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nominees must be nominated by a third party.
- Nominees may be a single individual or a team of two people who are working together.
- Nominees must consent to their nomination. This consent must be given in the form of a letter.
- Nominee(s) must have earned a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) between 2003 and 2019.
- Nominees should be a force for social justice. They should have identified a concrete social justice need, designed creative and socially just solutions to address that need, and made a substantive impact through their hard work and dedication.
- Nominees should have demonstrated the essence of Grinnell College’s broad liberal arts education through serving the common good and demonstrating expertise in the areas of critical thinking, innovative problem solving, and measurable systemic change making.
- Nominees must not be widely known outside their immediate community or field.
- Nominees may be nationals of any country.
- Nominees DO NOT need to be affiliated with Grinnell College.
- Nominees must have sufficient English fluency to engage with the Grinnell College Community.
- Nominees must be able to provide in English any supplemental information required as part of the selection process.
Awards and Benefits
- The nominees’ work and organization will be verified and validated by Grinnell College.
- The nominees will be required to attend an on-campus award ceremony and symposium.
- The nominees will be asked to explore additional opportunities for engagement with the Grinnell College community.
How To Apply
To apply please click here