The UN Youth Climate Summit is a platform for young leaders who are driving climate action to showcase their solutions at the United Nations, and to meaningfully engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time. The Youth Climate Summit will feature a full-day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who are committed to combating climate change at the pace and scale needed to meet the challenge. It will be an action oriented, inter-generational, and inclusive, with equal representation of young leaders from all walks of life.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Attendees will be selected based on their demonstrated commitment to addressing the climate crisis and their displayed leadership in advancing solutions.
- Climate leaders under the age of 18 have the opportunity to attend through a nomination process
- You must also have a commanding knowledge of climate solutions and engage with global leaders on the defining issue of our time.
Awards and Benefits
- The summit will feature a full-day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who are committed to combating climate change at the pace and scale needed to meet the challenge.
- Young leaders and youth-led organizations are invited to showcase their actions across all action areas of the UNSG Climate Summit.
- Young people between the ages 18 and 29 are invited to attend the Youth Climate Summit, and the UN seeks strong participation from young leaders in the Global South.
- Develop an innovative, technology-based solution to climate change, and submit your idea to the UN’s Summer of Solutions.
- Nominate yourself or a friend to be considered as a 2019 SDG Pioneer by the UN Global Compact.
- Commit to individual actions that reduce your environmental footprint with the UN’s ActNow Climate Campaign.