University Startup World Cup has been running for five years. The goal is to feature university startups from around the world that are making an impact. They have set up the application process differently this year. They have designed an online program teaching basic Nordic style methods to ensure all participants have an equal chance. The program begins from May to July where startups will work at their own leisure, and submit mini assignments which will be added to their application for the judging round. As a finalist, startups receive $1,000 USD. In order to receive the grant, startups must fully complete the application process and attend the finals from October 30th to November 1st.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must currently be a student, have a student on your team or have graduated within 2 years.
- Students must have at least 2 co-founders.
- Implementing 1 of the 17 UN sustainable development goals within their startup.
Awards and Benefits
- Phase one of the application is a simple form asking typical startup questions, and to confirm participation for phase two that begins in May.
- All assignments will be added to phase 1 of your application for the judging round. As long as all assignments are completed, you will advance to the judging round in August.
- The online program will consists of mini workshops about SDGs, Go-to-Market, Patenting, Pitch Deck, and Video Pitching. All courses are subject to change.
- The next steps after completing phase 1 is to complete our online program which will consist of about 15-25 hours of work and can be completed at your own leisure between May 20th and July 20th.
- If you become a finalist to attend the 3 day event in Copenhagen, you are entitled to the 1000 USD.
How To Apply
To apply please click here