The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) lay out a clear vision for a sustainable future, also shaping a new era for business. As part of our Making Global Goals Local Business campaign, each year, the UN Global Compact celebrates a group of SDG Pioneers — business leaders who are doing an exceptional job to advance the Global Goals through the implementation of our Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
In the spirit of giving young people a seat at the table to build a sustainable future, this year the UN Global Compact will focus its search for SDG Pioneers to young professionals aged 35 and under. 2019 SDG Pioneers are Young Professionals (35 and under ) working at any level in a company — who are doing an exceptional job of making global goals local business. Through their own company or by mobilizing other businesses, they are helping to reach one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while also contributing to business success.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Young Professionals (35 and under) who are working at any level of a UN Global Compact Participant or Signatory company are eligible to apply or be nominated.
- For the 2019 SDG Pioneers, we only consider companies who have joined the UN Global Compact by 24 September 2018 and have submitted at least 1 Communication on Progress (CoP).
- If your company joined after the date, please consider applying for the 2020 SDG Pioneers programme.
- During spring 2019, the following countries have already conducted a SDG Pioneers Local Round.
- The UN Global Compact reserves the right to remove the SDG Pioneer recognition if the company and/or individual is later deemed to be a reputational risk to the SDG Pioneer campaign and/or the UN Global Compact initiative.
- You can nominate yourself or a colleague at your company, or someone you know from another UN Global Compact participating company.
- That individual will then be contacted to ensure their willingness to be considered and the accuracy of the submitted information.
Awards and Benefits
- The SDG Pioneers will be announced and celebrated in September 2019 during the UN General Assembly week.
- The SDG Pioneers will receive visibility and be recognized for the great work that they have done to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
- A multi-stakeholder SDG Pioneers Selection Group will vote on the nominees.
- The SDG Pioneers Selection Group will be comprised of representatives from: UN Agencies, PRME Champions and civil society representatives from the UN Global Compact Board.
- SDG Pioneers will be informed of their selection by early August. Due to the volume of nominations received, we may be unable to contact nominees who are not selected.
- No, the SDG Pioneers campaign highlights the work of individuals, not organizations.
How To Apply
To apply please click here