A programme of the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Foundation.Finding a language for life – the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch
Foundation have been following up on Pina Bausch’s credo since 2016 with a co-developed grant programme and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
Eligibility and Criteria
Grants are meant :
- For a residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad.
- For a non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreographer at home or abroad.
- For the studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad.
- The scholarship holders are getting the chance to gain new experiences and are encouraged to develop their own artistic characteristics with new forms of expression.
- The Pina Bausch Fellowship is not a project fund, nor is it aimed at the development of new pieces.
- University / academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble is required.
- Independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years is also required.
- In order to take part in the Fellowship programme, basic knowledge of the English language is required for purposes of communication among the Fellowship holders and the participation in formats such as the presentation of the project proposal, press meetings and public presentations.
- Organisational handling such as email contact and travel bookings are going to be in English.
- For choreographers–a selection of public performances (no more than three videos) is required.
- For dancers – a selection of performances in artistic productions (no more than two videos) and a recording of an artistic performance based on a task that they set for themselves (one video, no longer than five minutes).
Awards and Benefits
- Each fellowship can take a minimum of three months and no longer than six months.
- It includes a monthly allowance of 2.500 Euros and one-time travel expenses.
- Up to four fellowships are granted each year.
- The Fellowship is promoted internationally.
- It has no age-restrictions and aims at single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can apply if they meet the personal requirements.
How To Apply
To apply please click here