The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in East Africa. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of our mandate to create learning opportunities, we are searching for young smart, vibrant, creative and ambitious graduates to join the content team of www.standardmedia.co.ke – the #1 news site in Kenya.
The Graduate Internship programme is a six month intensive opportunity to learn from a great team of journalists and contribute to various Standard Digital websites. We have 10 slots for individuals with exceptional writing skills and an interest in one or more of the following content areas: News & Current Affairs, Business, Entertainment & Lifestyle, Gender, Motoring, Agriculture, Human Interest stories, and Social Media community managers. Skills in photography and video production will be an
Eligibility and Criteria
- Recently graduated or about to graduate with a degree in communication, journalism or any other
• Experience and knowledge in web publishing.
• Willingness and ability to learn and work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of video and social media platforms.
• Able to effectively and creatively use social media to engage audiences.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Video production and editing skills (an added advantage).
Awards and Benefits
- Work on various digital projects under the guidance of a mentor.
• Interview news sources for web and video platforms.
• Write creative content for various Standard Digital websites.
• Monitor news feeds for breaking news and information.
• Generate articles from press releases, radio, television and web reports.
• Create and engage online communities.
• Generate visual content for various web platforms.
How To Apply
To apply please click here