World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian organisation, dedicated to working with children, families and communities worldwide to reach their full potential by addressing the causes of poverty and injustice. We partner with communities, the Government, sponsors, donors and corporates to realize our global strategy, Our Promise 2030: Building Brighter Futures for Vulnerable Children.
Through our strategy, we envision children living and enjoying life in all its fullness. To this end we work with partners to improve livelihoods and resilience, education & child protection, health, nutrition and HIV/Aids, humanitarian emergency affairs and access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for children and their families. Through our advocacy work, we enable the voices of children and their communities to reach decision-makers, who have power to change unjust policies and practices. World Vision Kenya has a vast program reach in Kenya, with Area Programs (APs) – long-term development programs, spread across 35 counties, nationwide.
World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible you must be :
- A citizen of Kenya.
- Specialized in one of the following areas : Water Engineering | Civil & Structural Engineering | Finance/Accounting | Agricultural Economics | Agronomy | Agribusiness Management | Animal Production/Health | Statistics | Project Planning/Management | Monitoring & Evaluation | Sociology | Development Studies | Community Development | Gender & Development | Social Work | Social Sciences | Sociology | Anthropology | Psychology | Purchasing and Supplies Management | Food Nutrition & Dietetics | Communications & Journalism | Information Technology, Business Information Technology (BBIT) or Computer Science | Law.
- Graduates who have completed a degree course in the faculties listed above, within the period July 2018 or July 2019.
- Graduates who are either beneficiaries of World Vision’s child sponsorship program or have experienced the impact of World Vision Kenya’s community development programs will be given priority.
- Graduates who can commit their time in the projects for the entire year.
- Graduates who have a genuine desire to serve among the poor in rural and semi-urban areas of Kenya.
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, honesty, high competency and generally in good physical and emotional health, with evidence of a recent full medical check-up for placement anywhere in Kenya.
- Graduates must disclose any potential points for conflict of interest e.g. relatives working for or affiliated with World Vision Kenya.
- Graduates from marginalized & fragile contexts are encouraged to apply.
Awards and Benefits
- World Vision does not outsource its recruitment process to any organization or agency which, through website postings, mass e-mail messages, newsletters or otherwise claims to be doing recruitment on its behalf.
- World Vision does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups.
- World Vision will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
- Gain A useful Internship program to boost your career.
- Work towards sustainable development goals of the UN.
How To Apply
For Your application prepare the following documents :
- Copy of updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Copy of academic transcripts.
- Reference letter from your university lecturer.
- Reference letter from your religious leader.
- A statement of your journey of Faith in 800 words.
To Apply please click here