Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania is a leading international youth-led development organization with offices in Mikocheni Dar es Salaam (www.tanzania.dotrust.org). Since 2012 DOT Tanzania has implemented projects to empower youth to become leaders of change in their communities through community work, entrepreneurship and application of technology.
DOT Tanzania is currently implementing the Digital Livelihoods project that seeks to empower youth-led initiatives that have been developed from the application of human-centred design, social innovation and are powered by technology. DOT has impacted the lives of over 20,000 youths in the last 5
years, supporting a youth-led movement of daring social innovators, community leaders and digital champions who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities. Dare to Change Tanzania is a collaborative project that is implemented by DOT Tanzania, and the University of Dar es Salaam Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre (UDC). Dare to Change Tanzania is composed of two main components, “Dare to Change Tanzania – Social Entrepreneurs Incubation” a 4-week intensive training to social entrepreneurs
and a “Dare to Change Tanzania – Social Innovation Conference” where social entrepreneurs will pitch their business ideas. Dare to Change Tanzania encourages young graduate, individuals and groups committed to supporting Tanzania’s development initiatives through innovative social business models.
Eligibility and Criteria
Duration of the program is 4 weeks (5th August through 6th September 2019) :
- The lead applicant and implementer must be a young person
between the ages of 22-30 years.
- Must be an innovative social business, with both impact and profit models.
- Business must be in the prototype stage and demonstrates at least 6 months of idea design consistency.
- Selected innovations will be eligible to receive technical assistance and/or result-based seed funding to support their business innovations.
- Willingness to join and be part of a network of global social
innovators supported under DOT’s INNOJO platform for post
incubation support and mentoring.
● Winner must be ready to comply with our result-based funding approach.
Awards and Benefits
- Both training venue and accommodation for innovators outside Dar es Salaam will be provided by our partner, the University of Dar es Salaam Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center, throughout the program.
- Businesses formed during the program have the opportunity to pitch to audiences of several hundred people, with a chance to receive seed capital for their ventures as well.
- The OpportunityDOT Tanzania invites applications from daring young social innovators from all corners of Tanzania for its Dare To Change Tanzania, Innovation Incubator.
- We are seeking eligible ideas that bring affordable, diverse and sustainable products and services that will contribute to the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals.
- The one-month incubator provides support in the form of
soft and technical assistance or financial seed funding to selected viable businesses.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here
Application Process. Qualified candidates should apply for this program by filling in the application form found on our page facebook.com/DOT Tanzania and follow all instructions including:
● Full name, residence and year of graduating.
● Your community challenge/problem that you seek to solve through a business model.
● Why you should be selected for this program.
● And, submit a one-page concept note of your innovative business detailing the stage of your key milestones so far. Send this to email@example.com with the subject line “Dare to Change Tanzania 2019”.
For support, contact +255 755 093 948, or firstname.lastname@example.org