The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is a platform that brings together leading thinkers in science, policy, industry and civil society in Africa to leverage science to solve global challenges. NEF Global Gatherings are exciting biennial global events where the world of science and technology meet on Africa soil to unveil breakthroughs in science, respond to existing challenges and look to the future. In this way, the NEF is unique. The inaugural NEF Global Gathering 2016 had 1,258 participants from 79 countries. Over 60% were under 42 years of age and close to 40% were women. The second edition of NEF Global Gathering in 2018 had over 1,600 participants and was held in Kigali, Rwanda on 26-28
March 2018 under the patronage of H.E. Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda. The third edition of the NEF Global Gathering would be held in Nairobi, Kenya on the 10-13 March 2010 under the patronage of H.E Uhuru Kenyatta.
The Arts and Science Festival seeks to increase scientific and artistic awareness among the participants of the Global Gatherings; to promote widespread access to new knowledge and scientific experiences; to support and improve formal and informal science education; to encourage young people to study
arts, science and technology subjects further and to consider careers in these areas, and to amplify the synergies between arts and science.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The interested individual (must be Kenyan) or legally registered events and programs management consultancy firm with at least five (5) years experiences offering similar services and/or have completed ten (5) similar projects of this scale and complexity and in comparable organizations.
- The firm should provide details (documentary evidence e.g. contract award or reference letter from the clients stating the scope of services and deliverables) of all such projects for the last 5 years or more during which they were completed. In case of a joint venture, the details of such projects will be provided separately as a primary or associated consultant.
- Experience of working with government and/or donors would be an advantage. Timelines: The Consulting firm will be required to complete this assignment within the stipulated time frame and no further extension in this time limit could be granted as the Project would be closed in March 2019.
- Applications must include; Cover Letter, CV, Interested persons should provide a brief summary of a maximum of 5 pages, describing their strategy, approach, and methodology for this project in addition.
Awards and Benefits
- The NEF seeks the services of a curator (individual or company) to undertake the following;
- Develop a proposal with a detailed work plan and a preliminary budget.
- Co-design the detailed Science and Arts Festival with NEF and thematic curators for approval by NEF Secretariat.
- Draw up a detailed budget for SAF
- Coordinate with NEF Team to support “Call for exhibitors”.
- Produce a list of prefered exhibitors and coordinate with selected thematic curators to plan daily events in detail.
- Recruit volunteer and a support team for the implementation of the SAF program. Manage the festival during the NEF Global Gathering in March 2020.
- Communicate with exhibiting teams, curators, including seminar speakers, workshops host, volunteers to keep presenters apprised of the program schedule and additional logistical information.
- The proposed list of thematic curators, possible sponsors and a fundraising guide. Be ready to provide a bi-monthly progress Report in the specified format.
- Any other deliverables as may be required by the terms of this contract.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here