The Young Water Fellowship is our flagship program, and it aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to set up social businesses that tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training incubation programme in business & WASH, seed funding grants for their pilot projects, and mentoring support by senior-level experts during one year. The Young Water Fellowship Global editions bring together young entrepreneurs from low and middle-income countries, to participate in a 5-weeks start-up training in Europe, receive mentorship and seed funding opportunities. The call for applications is launched every year in February.
In each edition, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
Since 2017, Young water Solutions has implemented two global editions, that empowered 19 entrepreneurs in 13 countries. In 2019, the first Regional edition for East African young water entrepreneurs will be held in Kampala, Uganda.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident of this list of low and middle-income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend the workshop the dates it will be held
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residence.
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Awards and Benefits
- Fellows attend Cewas’ Start-up training and are trained by experts in:
- IWRM | Project management | Business | Water, and gender | Pitching | SDG 6
among other topics
- Fellows are assigned water and business mentors according to their needs, who provide technical support and guidance.
- Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to pilot their initiatives and launch their social businesses.
How To Apply
To apply please click here