The fifth AppsAfrica Innovation Awards, celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa, showcasing the continents best innovations in 14 categories. The awards are open to corporates, established ventures or start-ups who have launched services in at least one African market. The Awards continue to be a leading barometer of innovation from across the continent and provide winners with industry recognition, global publicity, and networking with 300+ industry peers at the Awards party in Cape Town on November 11th on the eve of AfricaCom. Winners are also invited to the 3rd Africa Tech Summit Kigali 2020 to join tech leaders, corporates, startups, and investors.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants can be start-ups or incorporated companies
- Applications will be accepted from companies who have launched a product or service is at least one African market.
- If the service has not been launched at the time of judging it will be omitted.
- The product or service must address specific African needs as detailed within the specific category
- The applicant’s innovation can be any product or service utilizing any technology
- Applicants must have launched the entry in at least one African market to date
- Applications must be specific and relevant to the category entered
- The applications are judged by an independent panel of judges whos decisions are final
Awards and Benefits
- Disruptive Innovation Award. Business models are being disrupted across the continent using technology and innovation. This award seeks to recognize the disruptive innovations and new business models that are changing Africa. Entries open across all sectors.
- Health Tech Award. This award celebrates the use of technology to improve health services in Africa. Entries may include a new service, device, software, hardware or use of apps, SMS, IVR or social media.
- Best African App Award. This award recognizes the best applications successfully launched on any platform to target African consumers or businesses. Entries are welcome across all sectors and platforms.
- Enterprise Solution Award. This award celebrates enterprise services across Africa. Entries welcome from innovative ventures and mobile services streamlining, improving and helping business across Africa
- Blockchain Award. Few technologies have received as much attention in Africa as blockchain over the past year. This award will recognize initiatives that are utilizing blockchain technology to increase the speed, efficiency, accuracy, transparency or cost-effectiveness of any sector in Africa
- Media & Entertainment Award. Mobile media, news, and entertainment is now a burgeoning industry across Africa. This award seeks to recognize the best news and entertainment innovations. Examples include music, literary, gaming, children’s entertainment, lifestyle, and video.
- Educational Award. Delivering education has many challenges in Africa. This award recognizes services which are striving to improve education by utilizing mobile or other technologies.
- Fintech Award. This award recognizes the best fintech innovation including digital currency, bitcoin, mobile money, wallets, P2P, money remittances & transfers, point of sale or funding platforms.
- Agritech Award. This award recognizes the best tech innovations driving agriculture across the continent. This includes but is not limited to hardware, software, drones, big data, IoT services, mobile services or any technology supporting farmers, improving yields or supply chains in Africa.
- Social Impact Award. This award recognizes an inspiring use of technology that has a positive social impact for an African community while contributing to economic and social development.
- IoT Award. This award recognizes the most innovative internet of things (IoT) applications, devices, products or services from brands, companies, agencies or platforms that have excelled in utilizing IoT across Africa in any sector
- mCommerce Award. This award is dedicated to celebrating the new wave of mobile commerce initiatives across Africa. Entrants might include online platforms, retail brands, portals, apps, classifieds, comparison sites, and much more driving mCommerce across Africa.
- Changing Africa Award. This award seeks to recognize the leading companies driving game-changing initiatives across Africa for the masses. Entrants might include MNO’s, leading tech platforms, hardware providers, banks, connectivity providers, OEM’s or any tech company driving progress across multiple African countries in any sector.
- Mobility Award. This award seeks to recognize the leading ventures using technology such as hardware, software, robotics, drones or innovative mobile services that improve mobility, logistics or supply chains in an African market.
How To Apply
To apply please click here