Are you an African start-up entrepreneur addressing pain points in mobility in one or more markets in Africa?
We are looking for solutions that could include: connectivity, IoT and big data; vehicle hailing, renting and sharing; charging, parking and city transport infrastructure; clean energy and electric vehicles; automation and delivery; vehicle safety; insurance and more.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs 410,000 associates worldwide. In 2018, the company generated sales of 78.5 billion euros. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
The Mobility Solutions business sector pursues a vision of mobility that is accident-free, emissions-free, and fascinating, and combines the group’s expertise in the domains of automation, electrification, and connectivity. For its customers, the outcome is integrated mobility solutions. The main areas of activity are injection technology and power-train peripherals for internal-combustion engines, diverse solutions for power-train electrification, vehicle safety systems, driver-assistance and automated functions, technology for user-friendly infotainment as well as vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication, repair-shop concepts, and technology and services for the automotive after market.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Clearly identified market or customer pain point and value proposition
- Revenue generating an advantage
- Strong technology and business co-founders
- Innovative solution with a validated minimum viable product (MVP)
- Clear potential for growth and increasing unit economics
- Strategic alignment with Bosch’s focus on Smart Mobility Solutions
- Passenger cabin safety
- Public transport route automation
- Connectivity / IoT Solutions
- Urbanisation (connectivity, infrastructure)
- Clean energy and electric vehicles
- Data (could overlap with insurance)
- Please see more detail on theme
Awards and Benefits
- A day bringing together the Top 10 Smart Mobility start-ups from across Africa to pitch to Bosch and Founders Factory Africa for a chance to win a cash prize up to $30,000 and potentially partner with Bosch, as well as be in the running to Founders Factory Africa’s Accelerator Program.
- Attending the Demo Day will also be investors, partners, and other tech ecosystem players in South Africa.
- This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your start-up solution to Bosch, one of the world’s largest suppliers of Smart Mobility solutions with strong presence and distribution across Africa and to explore areas of collaboration across Africa and globally.
- Three start-up finalists of the Demo Day, picked by Bosch and Founders Factory Africa on the day, will stand a chance of winning up to $30,000 as well as being the first in line for collaboration with Bosch.
- If you are an early stage or reaching growth stage start-up that fits the criteria outlined below then apply now or get in touch for further details.
- In addition, you may be selected to be in the running to enter Founders Factory Africa’s bespoke Accelerator: a tailored six-month engagement with access to over 40 tech and business experts and designers, as well as Founders Factory Africa’s corporate investors to scale your start-up.
Potential areas of collaboration with Bosch:
- Support on technology and product design
- Accessing data and analytics sets
- Accessing Bosch’s wide network of customers
- Piloting and testing with Smart Mobility teams
- And more to be explored once winners are chosen
How To Apply
To apply please click here