Applications are now open for the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali Entrepreneurship Program 2019. The Program aims to provide assistance to start-ups operating in Rwanda by providing access to quality infrastructure as well as tailor-made services to support their business growth.
The WSHKEP2019 program is an initiative of the Westerwelle Foundation in partnership with MAKE IT/GIZ. The Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali Entrepreneurship Program 2019 (WSHKEP19) is an initiative that aims to provide assistance to start-ups operating in Rwanda by providing access to quality infrastructure as well as tailor-made services to support their business growth.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An entry must be made by a start-up with a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of three (3) members. At least one (1) member of the team must have technical expertise relevant to its proposed product/service.
- The age limit for the individual team members is 18 years old.
- The team must completely fill out and submit the application form as required. Each team member must agree to this set of terms and conditions, as part of the required documents.
- Applicants must submit their startup ideas through the relevant online application form before August 25th, 2019 (GMT+2 23:59). Qualified applicants will be notified via email of their successful submission.
- A Selection Committee duly approved by the Management of the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali shall review and evaluate the entries and determine the participants to be pre-selected for
- The interview shall assess further the eligibility of pre-selected startups.
Awards and Benefits
Qualified applicants shall be granted a 6-month membership subscription, starting from September 1, 2019, at Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali with amenities such as:
- Access for a Flex Desk on the 4th and 5th Floor as well as the Makerspace
- Meeting rooms
- Event priority if fully booked
- Own locker
- Mail service
- Access to our Highspeed internet provided by Liquid
- Access to our Kitchen (incl. Coffee, Tea & Water)
- Featuring on our Hall of Fame
- Featuring in our Marketing
Qualified applicants shall in addition be subject to the following, over the course of the next 6-months:
- Mentorship program with experienced entrepreneurs.
- Networking events
- Workshops in business & financial management, corporate governance, market research, and leadership skills
- Team building activities
How To Apply
To apply please click here