The Fund aims to contribute to the writing and creation of new stories of positive social change in Africa through innovative projects that it funds. The Fund aims to contribute to the writing and writing of new stories of positive social change in Africa through innovative projects it funds. The ACF is committed to:
- Donors and donors to “Always manage and use their donations and contributions in strict compliance with the rules of good governance based on transparency, democracy and equity”.
- African cultural and creative artists and actors to: “Always objectively prioritize their priorities and needs”.
- The convergence of cultural funding resources to facilitate the financing of culture to financial partners and project promoters.
- Funding for professionalization projects for African artists and cultural entrepreneurs
- The search for appropriate mechanisms and adequate resources for the financing of cultural projects in Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
The African Fund for Culture is a pan-African organization that aims to support and support the professionalization of the cultural and creative sector of African countries through innovative artistic projects that it finances.
To be eligible, candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- To be an African or African diaspora artist or cultural actor, an artistic or cultural organization or association established in Africa or cooperating on African projects with at least one African organization and having at least three years of experience;
- Have a local or be a member of an artistic or cultural organization or association;
- Have a legal status (organizations);
- Present a structuring project in response to the call for projects.
Awards and Benefits
The African Fund for Culture funds through calls for projects artists and cultural and creative organizations in Africa.
- Support innovative projects of creation, productions, and diffusion of creative contents.
- This will bring about new stories and positive social change in Africa, but also to contribute to the improvement of narrative production and the advent of a professional environment necessary for the creation of decent jobs for artists and actors in the cultural and creative sector chain.
- Launch of calls for projects
- Constitution of independent and independent selection boards;
- Financing of selected projects;
- Monitoring and evaluation of funded projects.
- More than 100 cultural and creative projects funded per year that stimulate the creation and production of new stories in Africa.
How To Apply
To apply please click here