The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact public service in their home countries. The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- Strong academic record.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- An NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region.
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy.
- MPA Health Policy & Management.
- Master of Urban Planning.
- EMPA Public Service Leaders.
Awards and Benefits
- Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
- This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable to this fellowship.
How To Apply
To apply please click here