This year’s theme is based on the idea that Soil Loves Compost because compost feeds the soil! Soil is alive and needs nourishment to be healthy. With healthy soil, you grow healthy plants. Soil Loves Compost because it provides food and nutrients for living microbes that make up healthy soil. Without compost, we would have few ways to enrich and restore soil. Compost keeps soil strong and healthy by reusing and recycling organic materials in a “zero waste” cycle. Compost keeps our soil happy and it keeps our planet healthy.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Only one entry per person
- Size is no more than 12” wide X 18” vertical (this is in inches)
- Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format
- Poster contains the theme title, Soil Loves Compost
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme title and International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
Awards and Benefits
- The successful poster winner will receive a $500 prize. The contest is open to anyone from 10 years old to adult from anywhere in the world. This is an international contest. There are 3 contest divisions: grades 3-7, grades 8-12, and college – adult. The best from each division will be entered into the final contest. The winning design will be chosen by the end of November.
- The poster contest winner will have his/her poster reproduced and distributed to thousands nationwide. It will be the official 2020 International Compost Awareness Week poster and featured on the CCREF website as well as on the US Composting Council website too.
- The winning “poster artist” will have his/her name posted on the CCREF website and will be included on all print material and in any press releases in association with our annual ICAW celebration.
- The winning poster will serve as the promotional piece to share in the United States the 2020 International Compost Awareness Week theme (ICAW is celebrated in other countries, some using a different theme).
- We invite EVERYONE, to join in the fun – whether or not you have celebrated or been involved in ICAW in the past, we want you to participate this year. This international contest is open to anyone ten years old and up.
- This is YOUR opportunity to display your creative talents and show your belief in composting and in the benefits of using compost! Remember Soil Loves Compost!
How To Apply
To apply please click here