The Alliance Française de Nairobi, in partnership with the Audiovisual Section of the French Embassy in Kenya, launched the first-ever Smartphone Film Competition in Kenya. Organized to coincide with the 2016 French Film Festival, the theme of the competition was ‘Rebellious Spirit’, in line with that of the Film Festival. The competition was open to all persons above 18, resident in Kenya. For the first edition, the competition attracted around 30 entries from both amateurs and professionals.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The competition is open to all with the main objective of giving the Kenyan youth an opportunity to showcase their creativity and practice, especially the growing number of students of film, media and communication.
- The idea behind the competition is to push the boundaries of experimentation and imagination using minimal technical and financial input and to recognize and award talented youth.
Awards and Benefits
- The winners: 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and People’s Choice will be awarded cash prizes of KShs.100,000/-, KShs.50,000/- and KShs. 25,000/- respectively on Friday, 1th October 2019 at Alliance Française de Nairobi, and the Best Newcomer will benefit from technical support from Film Studios in the production of a Short Film.
Get noticed and connected to the following organizations :
- The French Embassy is the diplomatic representative of France to the Republic of Kenya. It covers all matters pertaining to diplomatic relations between the two countries and promotes cooperation in areas of mutual interest.
- It delivers consular services to French citizens living in Kenya and nationals of other countries. The French Ambassador to Kenya is also the French Permanent Representative to the United Nations Office in Nairobi.
- Radio France Internationale generally referred to by its acronym RFI, is a French public radio service that broadcasts in Paris and all over the world. With 35.6 million listeners in 2008, it is one of the most listened to international radio stations in the world, along with BBC World Service, Voice of America and Deutsche Welle.
- RFI broadcasts 24 hours per day across the world in French and in 12 other languages in FM, shortwave, mediumwave, cable, on Worldspace and on rfi.fr. It is a channel of the state company, France Médias Monde (RFI – France24 – MCD).
- Canal+ is a French premium cable television network. There are 2 bouquets that are available on DSTV in Kenya as French add-ons giving you the best of cinema, the most prestigious sports events and high-quality entertainment for both the children and the whole family.
- The European Union Delegation to Kenya has the status of a diplomatic mission and officially represents the European Union in Kenya. It promotes the European Union’s (EU’s) values and interests, monitors the political, economic and commercial situation in the country and the region, oversees the various forms of cooperation between the EU and Kenya, and provides information about the EU’s relations with Kenya.
- With a 25 year history in servicing the film industry and the most experienced film crew in the region, Film Studios offers unbeatable value through strategic local and international partnerships in the field of production, postproduction and rentals.
How To Apply
To apply please click here