AfriTech XYZ is an initiative run byDo it Now Now. For the past 3 years, we’ve worked with hundreds of Africa based startups and helped them reach new networks and grow. Through this work, we’ve identified the key problems African startups face:
- Access to domain experts
- Access to tools and resources that make scale and growth easier
- Access to investors
- Access to other founders
To solve this access problem, we’ve built a free virtual accelerator program, AfriTech XYZ, that is intended to be an accompaniment to the great work being done by fantastic hubs like yours.
Eligibility and Criteria
- If you want to get on the path to gaining international funding from Angels and VCs, we’d love to hear from you.
- We know your time is valuable, which is why our program is designed to work alongside your normal working patterns.
- We’re only asking for you to commit to a one-hour session every two weeks, from October 2019-March 2020.
- The top 50 will get interviewed by our team.
- The top 30 will then get reviewed by our selection committee of investors, angels, late-stage tech founders and more.
- The top 19 will join the program.
- Once a fortnight from October 2019-March 2020, you will receive an email with all the information you need to help you get your business investment ready for an international VC audience e.g. legal advice, scaleup advice, from our chosen startups.
- From January 2020 you will have the opportunity to request 1-2-1 sessions with late-stage founders, and professionals based in the UK’s tech industry who can help you tailor your pitch to that audience.
- Throughout the program, we will be presenting your business to our community of UK based angel investors and VCs.
- By the end of the program, you should have gained warm introductions to potential funders.
- Your founder liaison will get in touch with next steps soon after.
- Not for you, please share with someone else that this program might suit.
Awards and Benefits
We’re now looking for UK based mentors and investors to provide free access to:
- Investment Readiness training
- Legal support on UK-Africa investment
- Deep-dives with Mentors
- The UK based Investors
- Key Introductions to other African tech founders
- September 2019 – specialists and experts in African tech will select nineteen impressive, early-stage tech startups from Nigeria, Zambia, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Uganda who will benefit most from theAfritech.XYZ programme.
- October – November 2019 – chosen startups will gain access to an online platform that will provide video and text-based training to help them grow their tech startup
- November- December 2019 – all chosen startups will get support to film a pitch video and design an excellent pitch deck that will grab the attention of investors
- January – March 2020 – Mentoring with professionals based in the UK (that’s you) on specific challenge areas the startups are experiencing in their individual businesses
- June 2020 – we’ll make warm introductions to investors in the UK who are interested in having active conversations with the founders.
How To Apply
To apply please click here