Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Awards and Benefits
- Airfare of the Actual flight and VISA costs.
- A resettlement allowance of KRW 200,000
- A living allowance of KRW 800,000 for undergraduate and KRW 900,000 for postgraduate.
- Medical Insurance of about KRW 20,000 per month.
- Langauge course of no more than KRW 800,000 per quarter.
- A tuition fee of no more than KRW 5M per semester.
- Research Support of between KRW 210,000 TO KRW 240,000 per semester.
How To Apply
To apply please click here