Bertelsmann’s media, services, and educational offerings make it a leader in many areas of the digital world. Accordingly, the company wants to empower as many people as possible to be successful in the digital world. Over a three-year period, Bertelsmann will fund as many as 50,000 tech scholarships for students to learn with Udacity.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The initial 2019–2020 phase of the program is a two-stage scholarship, open to any student.
- 18 years of age or older, interested in Cloud Computing, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence.
- Both Bertelsmann employees and the general public are encouraged to apply for one of the three tech learning paths: Cloud, Data, or AI.
- None required, aside from basic computer skills.
- A basic understanding of Python and data processing libraries such as NumPy and Matplotlib.
- Familiarity with loop and function writing.
- Familiarity with SQL, Excel, statistics, and coding.
- Familiarity with linear algebra and calculus.
Awards and Benefits
- Learn valuable skills to launch or advance your career in an increasingly tech-driven economy.
- Benefit from a world-class curriculum designed for the tech jobs of today and tomorrow.
- Upskill for the thousands of tech-related jobs companies like Bertelsmann are hiring for!
- Learn cloud computing fundamentals and the basics of the command line interface of a Linux server. Get hands-on experience deploying infrastructure using code, and an introduction to version control with Git & GitHub. Explore tools and services offered by Amazon Web Services through interactive hands-on exercises.
- Get introduced to descriptive statistics and learn the basics of foundational data science programming tools – SQL, programming with Python, and data wrangling – that allows users to quickly and efficiently perform data analysis workflows.
- Learn the basics of deep learning, learn about the different types of neural networks, such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks, and build your own deep neural networks using PyTorch, an open-source machine learning library for Python.
How To apply
To apply please click here