Drawing on the expertise and global footprint of Reuters News, we implement initiatives ranging from the creation of sustainable, independent news platforms to a wide range of skills and editorial programs. We fund the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University, a global research center producing the indispensable Digital News Report and publications on the current and future trends in journalism.
This unique mix allows us to provide world-class solutions to pressing needs, helping superb journalism reach the largest possible audience. The Thomson Reuters Foundation is committed to fostering the highest standards of journalism worldwide. We believe accurate, impartial and independent journalism leads to better-informed societies. It holds power to account, strengthens the rule of law and contributes to economic and social development.
TR Foundation is looking for 12 young Africans ready to become champions for global development issues to take part in a unique, six-day, fully-funded program by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation aimed at developing storytellers who could inspire change on a global platform. Know that person?
Eligibility and Criteria
- Generation Africa aims to help young Africans, whose personal experiences have shaped their determination to help others facing challenges across the continent, to tell their stories globally. If you know someone with a remarkable story, we would love to help them share it.
- This is the second of three annual cohorts. Candidates must be available to attend a 6-day training program in Johannesburg late February/early March 2020.
- Must have a compelling personal story.
- Your story relates to either health, development or poverty reduction.
- Your story illustrates a challenge faced by others living in Africa.
- Your English is fluent enough to benefit from a six-day course in the English language.
- You are willing to have details of your personal story shared with the public.
Awards and Benefits
- Training: Hands-on training from Reuters journalists with a focus on producing real stories
- Project grants: Funds for specific investigations and cross-border collaborations
- Mentoring: Editorial support from idea to publication by Reuters veterans to give stories global resonance
- Distribution: Global channels to bring the best journalism to the widest possible audience
- Fellowships: Opportunities to broaden horizons through research and exchanges
How To Apply
To apply please click here