The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Eligibility and Criteria
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member
states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s orPhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2020.
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living
expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
Awards and Benefits
- Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the
application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
- An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Such a Nominating Agency, which may typically be part
of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible candidates (five in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD) and submit the duly completed application forms for the two intakes of 2020 as per the table below:
How To Apply
To apply please click here