IRENA has initiated a Capacity Building Programme for professionals from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Islands Developing States (SIDS). The programme will provide an opportunity for young professionals who are nationals from LDCs and SIDS, with the agreement and support of their governments, to serve at IRENA Headquarters in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or at its office in Bonn, Germany, for a period of one year (renewable to two years) aiming to build capacity for addressing renewable energy issues in SIDS and LDCs and to provide experience in an intergovernmental organisation setting. Participating governments would be asked to release selected employees to the Agency, for a period of one or two years, on a loan arrangement, whereby the government employee would continue to receive their salary and emoluments from the releasing government.
IRENA offers different types of employment opportunities: Professional and General Service positions; Consultants and Contractors; Associate Professionals and Internships; and the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The intent is that following the assignment, they will return to their releasing government.
- To ensure a transparent and competitive process, the Agency has advertised a vacancy notice on its website which specifies the occupational areas to be performed and the profiles that will be considered for the candidates from LDCs and SIDS.
- Once selected, the Agency would then contact the Government of the selected individual to enter into a loan agreement with the respective releasing office.
Awards and Benefits
- The Agency will cover the cost of travel, medical insurance and pay a monthly lump sum to support the candidates with the cost of living, in line with the current Associate Professional programme benefits
- Working in the Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) gives you a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment and contribute to advancing the widespread and increased adoption and use of renewable energy toward a sustainable energy future.
- IRENA welcomes applications from nationals of all countries and strongly encourages women to apply.
- A living stipend to assist with accommodations and living in Abu Dhabi/Bonn.
- Associated travel expenses to and from the duty station.
How To Apply
To apply please click here