The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future.
Our scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Our one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
GSEP has awarded 125 scholarships since the inception of the program in 2001.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields
- Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2020. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student:
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
With the aim of supporting developing countries in building local expertise, GSEP will allocate a share of its scholarships to students pursuing master’s studies in universities based in developing countries.
Awards and Benefits
- Education level- Master’s-level students.
- Amount-Up to $21,000 US per year (max. two years).
- Scholarships awarded-Six to eight annually.
How To Apply
To apply please click here