Do you share the fundamental values of the Heinrich Böll Foundation? Do you already have a good first degree and would now like to continue your studies or do a PhD in Germany?
Then apply for a scholarship from the Heinrich Böll Foundation. The institution, which maintains close ties to the German Green Party (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen), promotes political education with goals that are based on the ideals of ecology, solidarity, grassroots democracy, non-violence and gender equality.
Eligibility and Criteria
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applications are invited from candidates of all nationalities and in all subjects.
- An excellent academic track record, social and political engagement.
- An active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
Awards and Benefits
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- Monthly scholarships up to a maximum of 850 euros (scholarship for students on a master’s degree programme) and 1,200 euros (doctoral scholarship, plus a monthly mobility allowance of 100 euros)
- Additional financial support for family members, travel expenses or research costs.
How To Apply
To apply please click here