- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission.
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya.
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- Must have a passport valid for the period of the program.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program.
- Demonstrated leadership, engagement, interest and/or professional experience in the sustainability and the circular economy.
- Active engagement in community service, volunteerism or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic and positive attitude.
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your community, country, the continent of Africa and beyond.
Awards and Benefits
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- The program will cater for round-trip transportation to the Center, lodging, meals, and course materials for the successful participants.
- The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in East Africa (Nairobi, Kenya).
How To Apply
To apply please click here