The Digital Lab Africa call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, start-ups, students in the media and creative industries. The call is open to anyone from Sub-Saharan Africa having an innovative project in 5 categories: digital art, immersive realities, video game, animation and music.
Digital Lab Africa (DLA) is the first platform dedicated to creative content (immersive realities, video game,animation, music, digital art) linked with innovation in Africa. The very idea of DLA is to incubate emerging talent by offering them a springboard to fast track their projects development with the support and expertise of DLA creative industries ecosystem in France and in Sub-Saharan African countries.
The Digital Lab Africa call for applications is open to anyone from the field of digital content creation: artists, producers, designers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in Sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
The call targets innovative digital content from the perspective of form, storytelling and technologies used in one of these 5 categories: immersive realities, gaming, music, animation and digital art.The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to provide a springboard to creators and to make their project happen with the support of French & Sub-Saharan African leading companies in the creative industries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Commit to participate in Annecy International Animation Film Festival from 15th to 20th, June 2020
• Commit to the one-week-full-time mentorship programme in France after Annecy from 22nd to 28th of
• Participate at the one-week DLA Bootcamp X Fak’ugesi in September 2020
• Credit DLA and partners in any future communication about the project
Awards and Benefits
Selected participants will receive:
- They will gain a Work-space.
• Return economy international travel and local transport
• Accommodation for the stay in France and in South Africa
• Per diems rates at approx. 30 Euros per day (482 rands)
• Accreditation for both Mifa Market and Fak’ugesi eventsnarrative report about the residency and mentorship programme
How To Apply
To apply please click here